Microsoft PKI/CA server setup - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Microsoft PKI/CA server setup - Windows NT ; Can I setup a CA server that functions as both root and issuing CA? And, can I setup a stand-alone CA (as opposed to an Enterprise CA) that can interact fully with AD as described in this MS wireless security ...

  1. Microsoft PKI/CA server setup

    Can I setup a CA server that functions as both root and issuing CA?
    And, can I setup a stand-alone CA (as opposed to an Enterprise CA) that
    can interact fully with AD as described in this MS wireless security
    setup documentation (See Planning Guide)?

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...&displaylang=e

    Thanks

  2. Re: Microsoft PKI/CA server setup

    Can I setup a CA server that functions as both root and issuing CA?

    Yes, this would be an enterprise root CA

    And, can I setup a stand-alone CA (as opposed to an Enterprise CA) that
    > can interact fully with AD as described in this MS wireless security
    > setup documentation (See Planning Guide)?

    No, not completely. That would make it an enterprise CA.

    --

    David B. Cross [MS]

    http://support.microsoft.com

    "Bill F" wrote in message
    > Can I setup a CA server that functions as both root and issuing CA?
    > And, can I setup a stand-alone CA (as opposed to an Enterprise CA) that
    > can interact fully with AD as described in this MS wireless security
    > setup documentation (See Planning Guide)?

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...&displaylang=e

    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread