Some questions on setting user access for certain Domain user. - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Some questions on setting user access for certain Domain user. - Windows NT ; I'm using Win2K3 as server and WinXP as client and have a domain where each clients need to login. The client accounts have limited access to their local PC as well as the server. Now, the Administrator account will have ...

  1. Some questions on setting user access for certain Domain user.

    I'm using Win2K3 as server and WinXP as client and have a domain where
    each clients need to login. The client accounts have limited access to
    their local PC as well as the server.

    Now, the Administrator account will have all access to the server and
    the client PC when log on. The question is, how can I create a user
    account that have full access on local client PC but have limited access
    on the server?

    For eg, if I want to do some installation of software on the client PC,
    I will need to use an Administrator account, but i don't want that, coz'
    I will be given this task to some else and this person shouldn't have
    full access on the server.

    Please help.

    Thank you.

  2. Re: Some questions on setting user access for certain Domain user.

    Create a domain user with the required acces on the server then add that
    user to the local Administrators Group on the client PC.

    "Shige" wrote in message
    > I'm using Win2K3 as server and WinXP as client and have a domain where
    > each clients need to login. The client accounts have limited access to
    > their local PC as well as the server.
    >
    > Now, the Administrator account will have all access to the server and
    > the client PC when log on. The question is, how can I create a user
    > account that have full access on local client PC but have limited access
    > on the server?
    >
    > For eg, if I want to do some installation of software on the client PC,
    > I will need to use an Administrator account, but i don't want that, coz'
    > I will be given this task to some else and this person shouldn't have
    > full access on the server.
    >
    > Please help.
    >
    > Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread