Multiple users in Win ME - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Multiple users in Win ME - Windows NT ; Hi! I need help regarding multiple users on one PC in Win ME. I'll have to share a PC with another guy, but I don't won't him to see or have any contact with my folders and mails because I ...

  1. Multiple users in Win ME

    Hi!

    I need help regarding multiple users on one PC in Win ME.
    I'll have to share a PC with another guy, but I don't won't him to see or
    have any contact with my folders and mails because I have important data
    there.

    Is there a possibility when logging in Win ME to put a password, like Family
    Logon, for each of us (but not to be evaded with "Cancel" button) and the
    changes that one makes not to modify the other user settings?

    I've tried with help in Win ME, but everything that is suggested is useless.

    Maybe there is some application (freeware if possible that can fix this
    thing?

  2. Re: Multiple users in Win ME

    On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:03:05 +1100, "Saso Dimovski"
    wrote:

    >Hi!
    >
    >I need help regarding multiple users on one PC in Win ME.
    >I'll have to share a PC with another guy, but I don't won't him to see or
    >have any contact with my folders and mails because I have important data
    >there.
    >
    >Is there a possibility when logging in Win ME to put a password, like Family
    >Logon, for each of us (but not to be evaded with "Cancel" button) and the
    >changes that one makes not to modify the other user settings?
    >
    >I've tried with help in Win ME, but everything that is suggested is useless.
    >
    >Maybe there is some application (freeware if possible that can fix this
    >thing?

    I have avoided WinME for the most part as I found it to be an unstable
    piece of crap. Anyway, I believe it support multiple logins with
    their own set of preferences and desktops - see the control panel
    under users I think.

    As for keeping him out of your files - you can't unless you install a
    third party utility. WinME doesn't support file permissions or even a
    file system that is capable of assigning file permissions. Something
    like PGPDisk would be needed to protect important files.

    -Chris

+ Reply to Thread