win2k dc security - Windows NT

This is a discussion on win2k dc security - Windows NT ; I was wondering if there is a way to limit logon to a DC locally only and not allow access through the mmc's to it's services or anything else from over the network?...

  1. win2k dc security

    I was wondering if there is a way to limit logon to a
    DC locally only and not allow access through the mmc's to it's services or
    anything else from over the network?

  2. Re: win2k dc security

    Through the Default Domain Controller Policy you can specify what
    users/groups are allowed to log in locally to your DCs (In the GPO you can
    find it under Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Local Policies >
    User Rights Assignments > "Log on Locally")

    I don't know how that affects remote access through the MMC. I would
    _think_ it wouldn't affect it, but I could be wrong. Anybody know? You
    could always try it out.

    Jordan

    "Grailer Diomede" wrote in message
    > I was wondering if there is a way to limit logon to a
    > DC locally only and not allow access through the mmc's to it's services or
    > anything else from over the network?

  3. Re: win2k dc security

    As I know, this affect only who can logon on the server physically, not
    about remote connection. Tell me if I'm wrong.

    Savut

    "Jordan D." wrote in message
    > Through the Default Domain Controller Policy you can specify what
    > users/groups are allowed to log in locally to your DCs (In the GPO you can
    > find it under Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Local Policies >
    > User Rights Assignments > "Log on Locally")
    >
    > I don't know how that affects remote access through the MMC. I would
    > _think_ it wouldn't affect it, but I could be wrong. Anybody know? You
    > could always try it out.
    >
    > Jordan
    >

    > "Grailer Diomede" wrote in message
    > > I was wondering if there is a way to limit logon to a
    > > DC locally only and not allow access through the mmc's to it's services

    or
    > > anything else from over the network?

+ Reply to Thread