switching network connection on/off - Windows NT

This is a discussion on switching network connection on/off - Windows NT ; Is there an easy way to connect and disconnect the network connection under NT4 ? We have a computer controlling an instrument and would like to have it connected only when we need to transfer data to other computers. I ...

  1. switching network connection on/off

    Is there an easy way to connect and disconnect the network connection
    under NT4 ? We have a computer controlling an instrument and would like
    to have it connected only when we need to transfer data to other
    computers. I have been physically unplugging and plugging in the Ethernet
    cable; surely there must be an easy software switch ?

    thanks
    larry

  2. Re: switching network connection on/off

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 00:11:12 +0000 (UTC), YYYlmhYYY@cco.caltech.edu
    wrote:

    > Is there an easy way to connect and disconnect the network connection
    >under NT4 ? We have a computer controlling an instrument and would like
    >to have it connected only when we need to transfer data to other
    >computers. I have been physically unplugging and plugging in the Ethernet
    >cable; surely there must be an easy software switch ?
    >
    >thanks
    >larry

    I'm not sure if 'netsh' is present on NT4, but it's real easy to
    enable/disable an interface with a commandline.

+ Reply to Thread