Arcserv restore AD System State - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Arcserv restore AD System State - Windows NT ; Dear Group, I wanted to restore my system state of my GC. In my scenario we only have one GC/DC. My ArcServ is running on a Win2k member server. Same subnet etc. I had to restore the system state because ...

  1. Arcserv restore AD System State

    Dear Group,

    I wanted to restore my system state of my GC. In my scenario we only have
    one GC/DC. My ArcServ is running on a Win2k member server. Same subnet etc.
    I had to restore the system state because my AD crashed. I logged in the
    Fail save restore mode for DC's and tried to restore the system state. For
    some reason Arc Serv could not contact my GC. I could see this in the log.

    The problem was is that for some reason I could not logon in fail save mode
    I know 5 admin accounts and none of them worked.
    I could login when I restarted normally but this was taking me 30 minutes
    because my AD was crashed.

    Have some seen this before or know how to deal with this ? Can someone
    advise me ?

    Many thanks

    Best Regards,
    Jerry

    -Happy with Microsoft (NOT)-

  2. Re: Arcserv restore AD System State

    Which version of Arcserve are you running and which SP's has it got applied?

    Marina

    "Jerry Zwanenburg" schreef in bericht
    > Dear Group,
    >
    > I wanted to restore my system state of my GC. In my scenario we only have
    > one GC/DC. My ArcServ is running on a Win2k member server. Same subnet

    etc.
    > I had to restore the system state because my AD crashed. I logged in the
    > Fail save restore mode for DC's and tried to restore the system state. For
    > some reason Arc Serv could not contact my GC. I could see this in the log.
    >
    > The problem was is that for some reason I could not logon in fail save

    mode
    > I know 5 admin accounts and none of them worked.
    > I could login when I restarted normally but this was taking me 30 minutes
    > because my AD was crashed.
    >
    > Have some seen this before or know how to deal with this ? Can someone
    > advise me ?
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > Jerry
    >
    > -Happy with Microsoft (NOT)-

  3. Re: Arcserv restore AD System State

    Hi Martina,

    Its version 2000 with the latest sp2 I believe.

    Thnx
    Jerry

    na Roos" wrote in message
    > Which version of Arcserve are you running and which SP's has it got

    applied?

    > Marina
    >
    > "Jerry Zwanenburg" schreef in bericht
    > > Dear Group,
    > >
    > > I wanted to restore my system state of my GC. In my scenario we only

    have
    > > one GC/DC. My ArcServ is running on a Win2k member server. Same subnet

    > etc.
    > > I had to restore the system state because my AD crashed. I logged in

    the
    > > Fail save restore mode for DC's and tried to restore the system state.

    For
    > > some reason Arc Serv could not contact my GC. I could see this in the

    log.

    > > The problem was is that for some reason I could not logon in fail save

    > mode
    > > I know 5 admin accounts and none of them worked.
    > > I could login when I restarted normally but this was taking me 30

    minutes
    > > because my AD was crashed.
    > >
    > > Have some seen this before or know how to deal with this ? Can someone
    > > advise me ?
    > >
    > > Many thanks
    > >
    > > Best Regards,
    > > Jerry
    > >
    > > -Happy with Microsoft (NOT)-

  4. Re: Arcserv restore AD System State

    It's already to SP4, but you'll need to install the SP3 as well.

    > Hi Martina,
    >
    > Its version 2000 with the latest sp2 I believe.
    >
    > Thnx
    > Jerry
    >

    > na Roos" wrote in message
    > > Which version of Arcserve are you running and which SP's has it got

    > applied?
    > >
    > > Marina
    > >
    > > "Jerry Zwanenburg" schreef in bericht
    > > > Dear Group,
    > > >
    > > > I wanted to restore my system state of my GC. In my scenario we only

    > have
    > > > one GC/DC. My ArcServ is running on a Win2k member server. Same subnet

    > > etc.
    > > > I had to restore the system state because my AD crashed. I logged in

    > the
    > > > Fail save restore mode for DC's and tried to restore the system state.

    > For
    > > > some reason Arc Serv could not contact my GC. I could see this in the

    > log.
    > > >
    > > > The problem was is that for some reason I could not logon in fail save

    > > mode
    > > > I know 5 admin accounts and none of them worked.
    > > > I could login when I restarted normally but this was taking me 30

    > minutes
    > > > because my AD was crashed.
    > > >
    > > > Have some seen this before or know how to deal with this ? Can someone
    > > > advise me ?
    > > >
    > > > Many thanks
    > > >
    > > > Best Regards,
    > > > Jerry