Default file permissions (NT4.0) - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Default file permissions (NT4.0) - Windows NT ; How do I (can I?) setup a set of default file permissions so that every time I create a new folder on a server, a set of groups always has permissions listed for that folder that I can then go ...

  1. Default file permissions (NT4.0)

    How do I (can I?) setup a set of default file permissions so that
    every time I create a new folder on a server, a set of groups always
    has permissions listed for that folder that I can then go and tweak.
    For example, I want group "Bad Users" to always have no access by
    default on each folder created.

    Thanks,

    Charles

  2. Re: Default file permissions (NT4.0)

    Create a folder at the root of disk (c:,d: & etc). You must set a needed
    permissions for that folder. All folders, that will be created in this
    folder, will be have inheritted permissions from it's parent.

    Vitaly Perebeinov

    "Charles Woolever" ???????/???????? ? ????????
    ?????????: news:c413e4f1.0308190641.53398bce@posting.google.c om...
    > How do I (can I?) setup a set of default file permissions so that
    > every time I create a new folder on a server, a set of groups always
    > has permissions listed for that folder that I can then go and tweak.
    > For example, I want group "Bad Users" to always have no access by
    > default on each folder created.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Charles

+ Reply to Thread