Can't delete file - strange one! - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Can't delete file - strange one! - Windows NT ; Hello. Please help. Windows NT4 Got a file (foxprint.ttf) that is not in use (checked via Server Manager, plus third party software ofl.exe, whohasit). Tried unsuccessfuly to remove font from control panel. I have administrator rights and am the owner ...

  1. Can't delete file - strange one!

    Hello. Please help.

    Windows NT4

    Got a file (foxprint.ttf) that is not in use (checked via Server
    Manager, plus third party software ofl.exe, whohasit). Tried
    unsuccessfuly to remove font from control panel. I have administrator
    rights and am the owner of the file.

    File can be renamed. File can be copied. File cannot be deleted.

    What can I do? I am stuck, please help!

    Cheers

  2. Re: Can't delete file - strange one!

    jonathon wrote:

    > Hello. Please help.
    >
    > Windows NT4
    >
    > Got a file (foxprint.ttf) that is not in use (checked via Server
    > Manager, plus third party software ofl.exe, whohasit). Tried
    > unsuccessfuly to remove font from control panel. I have administrator
    > rights and am the owner of the file.
    >
    > File can be renamed. File can be copied. File cannot be deleted.
    >
    > What can I do? I am stuck, please help!
    >
    > Cheers

    For what it's worth, it's used by FoxPro (last version I recall see it in was
    2.6). You mention NT4 ... got these two ideas that might be worth a try:

    1. Try deleting it via explorer (open the fonts folder in explorer and not
    control panel).

    2. Open File Manager (Winfile.exe in System32 dir). Again, try deleting from
    the directory.

    Use the either of the two to check file atributes and modify accordingly for
    deleting.

+ Reply to Thread