PASSFILT & PASSPROP - Windows NT

This is a discussion on PASSFILT & PASSPROP - Windows NT ; Hi, During testing, i've installed PASSPROP & PASSFILT. Whenever I change my password now, upper & lower case characters in enough to pass. Is PASSPROP overriding PASSFILT? If so, how do I uninstall PASSPROP. Thanks....

  1. PASSFILT & PASSPROP

    Hi,

    During testing, i've installed PASSPROP & PASSFILT. Whenever I change my
    password now, upper & lower case characters in enough to pass. Is PASSPROP
    overriding PASSFILT? If so, how do I uninstall PASSPROP.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: PASSFILT & PASSPROP

    There are times when you must use regedt32 to get correct results,
    updating multi-values is one good example Also permissions are only
    available under regedt32. Saving keys works very differently between
    the toos. Regedit has a much better search facility.

    The simplest rule to stay out of trouble is "use regedt32 for any
    changes or to see permissions, use what you want for anything else".

    On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 14:24:17 +0100, "Chris Plant"
    wrote:

    >Can someone please tell me, does it matter which registry editor to use? I'd
    >been using regedit, but under regedt32 it looks totally different. Won't be
    >able to reboot till the weekend to test, but thought someone might know.
    >Thanks.
    >

    >"Chris Plant" wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> During testing, i've installed PASSPROP & PASSFILT. Whenever I change my
    >> password now, upper & lower case characters in enough to pass. Is PASSPROP
    >> overriding PASSFILT? If so, how do I uninstall PASSPROP.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread