Roaming Profiles: Favorites Problems - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Roaming Profiles: Favorites Problems - Windows NT ; I'm currently administering an Active Directory domain. All users on this domain are using Roaming Profiles, and we migrated their files and settings from our old Novell accounts (the entire network was migrated from NetWare to Windows Server 2003). All ...

  1. Roaming Profiles: Favorites Problems

    I'm currently administering an Active Directory domain. All users on
    this domain are using Roaming Profiles, and we migrated their files and
    settings from our old Novell accounts (the entire network was migrated
    from NetWare to Windows Server 2003).

    All users can see their My Documents and Desktop, and such, so they're
    almost completely happy. The only problem is that their Favorites are
    not working; their profile has a Favorites folder in it, but the items
    in it do not show up on the Favorites menu.

    I looked in the registry and the value
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\User Shell
    Folders\Favorites shows that the Favorites folder is in their local
    profile. I figured that would be all right, as long as it copies it to
    the server on logout, but it doesn't.

    To experiment, I changed this folder to their network profile's
    Favorite folders, but it changed back to the local profile location
    immediately once Internet Explorer started.

    I would appreciate any help anyone can give on this; I'm hoping to
    clear it up this week or next and actually have a summer vacation for
    once. Thank you all for your help.

  2. Re: Roaming Profiles: Favorites Problems

    Well, I seem to have solved the problem with a combination of doing all
    the tweaking I can find and finding out that my assistant created
    rather a lot of users incorrectly. -.-

    Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread