network crashed! - Windows NT

This is a discussion on network crashed! - Windows NT ; Hi Starting Friday morning, all chaos came to the office, all of a sudden, no one could login to the domain, the internet went down, the router became uncooperative - and I have no idea how to fix or what ...

  1. network crashed!

    Hi

    Starting Friday morning, all chaos came to the office, all of a sudden,
    no one could login to the domain, the internet went down, the router
    became uncooperative - and I have no idea how to fix or what happened.
    All computers can run on local accounts, and are still assigned IP
    addresses from the DHCP, and can still access the file server and other
    computers from \\fileshare\ commands.

    The active directory is still in place, the domain name has not changed
    and as far as i know no one in the department has touched anything.

    The other weird thing, as at the same time, the router decided to play
    up.

    Does anyone know what could possibly be wrong

    Thanks in Advance

    TimmyG

  2. Re: network crashed!

    "TimmyG" wrote in message
    news:1118399752.247747.298160@g14g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi
    >
    > Starting Friday morning, all chaos came to the office, all of a sudden,
    > no one could login to the domain, the internet went down, the router
    > became uncooperative - and I have no idea how to fix or what happened.
    > All computers can run on local accounts, and are still assigned IP
    > addresses from the DHCP, and can still access the file server and other
    > computers from \\fileshare\ commands.
    >
    > The active directory is still in place, the domain name has not changed
    > and as far as i know no one in the department has touched anything.
    >
    > The other weird thing, as at the same time, the router decided to play
    > up.

    Have you not tried restarting a) the router b) the file server c) any
    hubs/switches ...?
    bob

+ Reply to Thread