Help. Problem with network - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Help. Problem with network - Windows NT ; Hello, I'm working in local network on Win 98. Today I don't have access to www, outlook, direct conect, etc. Our IT administrator said, that is a problem with network connection, network adapter, cable, etc. I know he is wrong ...

  1. Help. Problem with network

    Hello,

    I'm working in local network on Win 98. Today I don't have access to www,
    outlook, direct conect, etc. Our IT administrator said, that is a problem
    with network connection, network adapter, cable, etc. I know he is wrong
    becouse I can see all computers, printers in my work group. When I type ping
    www.yahoo.com it doesn't work but when I replace it with correct IP number
    it works. I can access web sites only by typing thei IP adressess. In others
    computers in my office there is no such problem. What could happend with my
    Win 98? Is that problem with server in my network or with my Win 98. What I
    should do? Please help me. Please reply to my email address:
    ikrasniewska@yahoo.com

    Greetings from Poland,
    Inga

  2. Re: Help. Problem with network

    "Inga" wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm working in local network on Win 98. Today I don't have access to www,
    > outlook, direct conect, etc. Our IT administrator said, that is a problem
    > with network connection, network adapter, cable, etc. I know he is wrong
    > becouse I can see all computers, printers in my work group. When I type
    > ping
    > www.yahoo.com it doesn't work but when I replace it with correct IP number
    > it works. I can access web sites only by typing thei IP adressess. In
    > others
    > computers in my office there is no such problem. What could happend with
    > my
    > Win 98? Is that problem with server in my network or with my Win 98. What
    > should do? Please help me. Please reply to my email address:
    > ikrasniewska@yahoo.com
    >
    > Greetings from Poland,
    > Inga

    Sounds like DNS settings are messed up.