Windows 2000 Server in NT 4.0 domain - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Windows 2000 Server in NT 4.0 domain - Windows NT ; I am looking to upgrade my DHCP server in the current NT 4.0 domain to newer hardware however I don't believe the new hardware will support NT 4.0. I am curious if I can run a Windows 2000 DHCP server ...

  1. Windows 2000 Server in NT 4.0 domain

    I am looking to upgrade my DHCP server in the current NT 4.0 domain to
    newer hardware however I don't believe the new hardware will support NT
    4.0. I am curious if I can run a Windows 2000 DHCP server in an NT 4.0
    domain. If so, are there any pitfalls I should look out for?

    I realize NT 4.0 is very old and outdated and we are migrating to a
    Windows 2000 domain eventually however I would like to get my DHCP
    server up and running on 2000 before the migration.
    Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    thanks!

  2. Re: Windows 2000 Server in NT 4.0 domain

    There's absolutely no problems running Windows 2000 DHCP in an NT 4.0
    domain.

    --
    Steve Seguis - MCSE, MS-MVP, SCJP
    SCRIPTMATION

    "Linda" wrote in message
    news:1102353449.079452.107210@f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    >I am looking to upgrade my DHCP server in the current NT 4.0 domain to
    > newer hardware however I don't believe the new hardware will support NT
    > 4.0. I am curious if I can run a Windows 2000 DHCP server in an NT 4.0
    > domain. If so, are there any pitfalls I should look out for?
    >
    > I realize NT 4.0 is very old and outdated and we are migrating to a
    > Windows 2000 domain eventually however I would like to get my DHCP
    > server up and running on 2000 before the migration.
    > Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > thanks!

+ Reply to Thread