When I change my pixel ration from a high resolution down to a lower
resolution and then go back to the high resolution all my icons on the
desktop get merged together from the low resolution setting. I would
like a way to save these setting so when I need to change resolution
from 1920 by 1200 pixels down to 800 by 600 pixels and back I easily
reset all my icons back to where I placed them before the change.

I would like either a way to force Windows to remember the settings or
a way to save the settings in a file that can be used to reset all
settings back to what I originally set them to be.

SYSTEM INFO.
Windows 2000 Professional (I've had these problems on all Microsoft
Window such as NT4, 95, 98 and XP)
V 5.00.2195
SP 4
526KB RAM