drive map will not reconnect after reboot - Windows NT

This is a discussion on drive map will not reconnect after reboot - Windows NT ; I am having problem with work computer. I map a drive to connect to a server. Check the box to reconnect at start up. Also click to connect as diffent user and password. When computer is shut down and restarted ...

  1. drive map will not reconnect after reboot

    I am having problem with work computer. I map a drive to connect to a
    server. Check the box to reconnect at start up. Also
    click to connect as diffent user and password. When computer is shut down
    and restarted the map drive box appears and asks for password again. It
    states it could not connect because of missing password.
    The operating system is xppro and a nother is win2000 pro.
    By the way some of them work fine. The server is in a workgroup.

    Thanks for help.

  2. Re: drive map will not reconnect after reboot

    "Tom" wrote in message
    news:uXUld.24873$5b1.9175@newssvr17.news.prodigy.c om...
    > I am having problem with work computer. I map a drive to connect to a
    > server. Check the box to reconnect at start up. Also
    > click to connect as diffent user and password. When computer is shut down
    > and restarted the map drive box appears and asks for password again. It
    > states it could not connect because of missing password.
    > The operating system is xppro and a nother is win2000 pro.
    > By the way some of them work fine. The server is in a workgroup.
    >
    > Thanks for help.

    Make sure that your logon account/password is also defined on
    the machine where the shares reside.

+ Reply to Thread