VNC question - Windows NT

This is a discussion on VNC question - Windows NT ; We are using vnc in our small computerlab that consists of 14 NT computers and an NT server. I have VNC viewer installed on 10 computers and it does not ask for passoword there (either on the user login or ...

  1. VNC question

    We are using vnc in our small computerlab that consists of 14 NT computers
    and an NT server. I have VNC viewer installed on 10 computers and it does
    not ask for passoword there (either on the user login or when trying to
    access that computer via vnc from the server). I need to have 4 additional
    computers do the same. However, I don't remember how I did it on the first
    10 computers so that the system remembers passowrd or doesn't ask for a
    password when I boot up a client or when I try to access it from the server.

    I think there was a command line switch that did that.

    Any help, please
    You may also email me at tmenert@webaccess.net

    Tad

  2. Re: VNC question

    Depending on the version of VNC you are using, you basically have to set up
    the password (i.e. allow blank password) in the VNC settings on the machine
    you are trying to remote control.

    --
    Steve Seguis - MCSE, Microsoft MVP, SCJP
    SCRIPTMATION

    "T.M." wrote in message
    > We are using vnc in our small computerlab that consists of 14 NT computers
    > and an NT server. I have VNC viewer installed on 10 computers and it does
    > not ask for passoword there (either on the user login or when trying to
    > access that computer via vnc from the server). I need to have 4 additional
    > computers do the same. However, I don't remember how I did it on the first
    > 10 computers so that the system remembers passowrd or doesn't ask for a
    > password when I boot up a client or when I try to access it from the

    server.

    > I think there was a command line switch that did that.
    >
    > Any help, please
    > You may also email me at tmenert@webaccess.net
    >
    > Tad

  3. Re: VNC question

    What version of VNC server are you using?

    - Steve
    http://www.vncscan.com
    Inexpensive Remote Management

    "Steve Seguis" wrote in message
    > Depending on the version of VNC you are using, you basically have to set

    up
    > the password (i.e. allow blank password) in the VNC settings on the

    machine
    > you are trying to remote control.
    >
    > --
    > Steve Seguis - MCSE, Microsoft MVP, SCJP
    > SCRIPTMATION
    > Automating the Enterprise
    > http://www.scriptmation.com
    >

    > "T.M." wrote in message
    > > We are using vnc in our small computerlab that consists of 14 NT

    computers
    > > and an NT server. I have VNC viewer installed on 10 computers and it

    does
    > > not ask for passoword there (either on the user login or when trying to
    > > access that computer via vnc from the server). I need to have 4

    additional
    > > computers do the same. However, I don't remember how I did it on the

    first
    > > 10 computers so that the system remembers passowrd or doesn't ask for a
    > > password when I boot up a client or when I try to access it from the

    > server.
    > >
    > > I think there was a command line switch that did that.
    > >
    > > Any help, please
    > > You may also email me at tmenert@webaccess.net
    > >
    > > Tad

+ Reply to Thread