Diagnosing network lag - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Diagnosing network lag - Windows NT ; I've got a serious network problem on my office network. Running NT servers, & TCP/IP. Users notice serious network lag when accessing networks for things like printing, file opens and saves. Where does one start in diagnosing these kinds of ...

  1. Diagnosing network lag

    I've got a serious network problem on my office network. Running NT
    servers, & TCP/IP. Users notice serious network lag when accessing
    networks for things like printing, file opens and saves.

    Where does one start in diagnosing these kinds of problems? What
    utilities are available for monitoring network traffic to see what
    might be causing the problem.

  2. Re: Diagnosing network lag

    "it chick" wrote in message:
    > I've got a serious network problem on my office network. Running NT
    > servers, & TCP/IP. Users notice serious network lag when accessing
    > networks for things like printing, file opens and saves.
    > Where does one start in diagnosing these kinds of problems? What
    > utilities are available for monitoring network traffic to see what
    > might be causing the problem.

    You can check the feature that offers a tool called netcruch
    (www.adremsoft.com/netcrunch/index.php). As I know, it's used to monitoring
    networks. It will be better to you to check its features yourself, there is
    a possibility to download a free 30 days trail.

    --
    mike
    the problem.

+ Reply to Thread