Can my NT4 server get a time sync from the net? - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Can my NT4 server get a time sync from the net? - Windows NT ; All my Win9x workstations have the time synced to the NT4 server via the "net use" command. That ensures that all 5 workstations have the exact same However, I do not know how to make sure that the server clock ...

  1. Can my NT4 server get a time sync from the net?

    All my Win9x workstations have the time synced to the NT4 server via
    the "net use" command. That ensures that all 5 workstations have the
    exact same

    However, I do not know how to make sure that the server clock itself
    is accurate.

    I did try using a small serial Rugby Radio time reciever. This got the
    time but refused to adjust the server's clock. This device (and it's
    simple command line software) only worked on Win9x boxes.

    Any ideas on a web solutiion?

  2. Re: Can my NT4 server get a time sync from the net?

    Greg.S wrote:

    > However, I do not know how to make sure that the server clock itself
    > is accurate.

    Syncronize the server clock with atomic clocks.

    Try http://www.argosoft.com/applications...nc/default.asp

    It is free.

  3. Re: Can my NT4 server get a time sync from the net?

    Great - many thanks indeed!

    Larry O wrote in message news:...
    > Greg.S wrote:
    >
    > > However, I do not know how to make sure that the server clock itself
    > > is accurate.

    > Syncronize the server clock with atomic clocks.
    >
    > Try http://www.argosoft.com/applications...nc/default.asp
    >
    > It is free.

+ Reply to Thread