Broadcasting Emergency messages on a Network - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Broadcasting Emergency messages on a Network - Windows NT ; I am trying to develop an application in VB which will allow me to broadcast an emergency message to all or a group of users logged onto the network. I also want the messages to look different depending on what ...

  1. Broadcasting Emergency messages on a Network

    I am trying to develop an application in VB which will allow me to
    broadcast an emergency message to all or a group of users logged onto
    the network. I also want the messages to look different depending on
    what the message is. I am trying to work out how to make sure that
    only the users who need to see the message actually see it. Has
    anyone tried doing this and succeeded without putting a big overhead
    in decoding the list of users from a group.

    Would appreciate any thoughts.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Broadcasting Emergency messages on a Network

    Might want to check the api

    NetMessageBufferSend

    This allows sending of messages to all users on a domain.

    --
    Ryan Ackerman
    http://www.SofTulz.Net

    "J Shah" wrote in message
    news:3af89415.0404150751.340c5f33@posting.google.c om...
    > I am trying to develop an application in VB which will allow me to
    > broadcast an emergency message to all or a group of users logged onto
    > the network. I also want the messages to look different depending on
    > what the message is. I am trying to work out how to make sure that
    > only the users who need to see the message actually see it. Has
    > anyone tried doing this and succeeded without putting a big overhead
    > in decoding the list of users from a group.
    >
    > Would appreciate any thoughts.
    >
    > Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread