windows 2000 tcp ip setup - Windows NT

This is a discussion on windows 2000 tcp ip setup - Windows NT ; hey, i have a small LAN of 2 linux machines and win95 and win2000. windows2000 if acting funny - i gave it an ip address of 192.168.1.1 the other machines have addresses of 192.168.1.x and they can all see each ...

  1. windows 2000 tcp ip setup

    hey,

    i have a small LAN of 2 linux machines and win95 and win2000.
    windows2000 if acting funny - i gave it an ip address of 192.168.1.1
    the other machines have addresses of 192.168.1.x and they can all
    see each other except win2000.

    win2000 cant ping itself and let alone ping the rest of the other machines.
    ipconfig is showing me everything is set up correctly. hardware diagnostics
    say that my ethernet card is healthy.

    what could be wrong? here are some of the settings.

    ip address: 192.168.1.1
    subnet mask : 255.255.255.0
    network: 192.168.1.0

    thanks.

    fadzi

  2. Re: windows 2000 tcp ip setup

    In article ,
    kingfadzi@bigpond.com says...
    > hey,
    >
    > i have a small LAN of 2 linux machines and win95 and win2000.
    > windows2000 if acting funny - i gave it an ip address of 192.168.1.1
    > the other machines have addresses of 192.168.1.x and they can all
    > see each other except win2000.
    >
    > win2000 cant ping itself and let alone ping the rest of the other machines.
    > ipconfig is showing me everything is set up correctly. hardware diagnostics
    > say that my ethernet card is healthy.
    >
    > what could be wrong? here are some of the settings.
    >
    > ip address: 192.168.1.1
    > subnet mask : 255.255.255.0
    > network: 192.168.1.0

    Is your Default Gateway really 192.168.1.0?
    Do you have a router/gateway at that address?

    If no router/gateway, remove the IP and reboot, see if that fixes it.

    spamfree999@rrohio.com
    (Remove 999 to reply to me)

  3. Re: windows 2000 tcp ip setup

    "Leythos" wrote in message
    > In article ,
    > kingfadzi@bigpond.com says...
    > > hey,
    > >
    > > i have a small LAN of 2 linux machines and win95 and win2000.
    > > windows2000 if acting funny - i gave it an ip address of 192.168.1.1
    > > the other machines have addresses of 192.168.1.x and they can all
    > > see each other except win2000.
    > >
    > > win2000 cant ping itself and let alone ping the rest of the other

    machines.
    > > ipconfig is showing me everything is set up correctly. hardware

    diagnostics
    > > say that my ethernet card is healthy.
    > >
    > > what could be wrong? here are some of the settings.
    > >
    > > ip address: 192.168.1.1
    > > subnet mask : 255.255.255.0
    > > network: 192.168.1.0

    > Is your Default Gateway really 192.168.1.0?
    > Do you have a router/gateway at that address?
    >
    > If no router/gateway, remove the IP and reboot, see if that fixes it.
    >
    > --
    > --
    > spamfree999@rrohio.com
    > (Remove 999 to reply to me)