Analyser - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Analyser - Windows NT ; We are running a Windows 2000 Advance Server Network with about 200 windows 2000 clients. We are looking for suggestions for software to analyze our Network and to give us information regarding performance, traffic etc.... Any recommendations or suggestions would ...

  1. Analyser

    We are running a Windows 2000 Advance Server Network with about 200 windows
    2000 clients.

    We are looking for suggestions for software to analyze our Network and to
    give us information regarding performance, traffic etc....

    Any recommendations or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    Cheers

  2. Re: Analyser

    For low level analysis I use "Etherpeek". For a more high level look there
    are gobs of applications out there, from freeware apps to expensive
    applications like "OpenView" It would depend on how much you were planning
    on spending

    --
    Ryan Ackerman
    http://www.SofTulz.Net

    "Help 4 All" wrote in message
    > We are running a Windows 2000 Advance Server Network with about 200

    windows
    > 2000 clients.
    >
    > We are looking for suggestions for software to analyze our Network and to
    > give us information regarding performance, traffic etc....
    >
    > Any recommendations or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Cheers

  3. Re: Analyser

    "Help 4 All" wrote in message:
    > We are running a Windows 2000 Advance Server Network with about 200

    windows
    > 2000 clients.
    > We are looking for suggestions for software to analyze our Network and to
    > give us information regarding performance, traffic etc....

    The amount of solutions available for network monitoring and managament is
    very wide, tha same with prices. I'm curently using (I should say rather
    than testing) Adrem Netcrunch version 3.0. If you want to check it's feature
    this is a link: http://www.adremsoft.com/nc3/features.php . Quite
    inetresting is the feature called smart monitoring.

    --
    regards,
    mike

+ Reply to Thread