LPR Printing and a Konica Copier - Windows NT

This is a discussion on LPR Printing and a Konica Copier - Windows NT ; I am trying to set up a Konica 7155 to our NT 4.0 network. The problem I am having is that Konica indicated that the type of port that needs to be used with our machine is an LPR port. ...

  1. LPR Printing and a Konica Copier

    I am trying to set up a Konica 7155 to our NT 4.0 network. The
    problem I am having is that Konica indicated that the type of port
    that needs to be used with our machine is an LPR port. When I set up
    the printer as an LPR port, I use the IP address and call the port
    "PORT1". At this point the printer works great, no problems at all.
    The very next day, after the server has rebooted, the port is gone
    from the list of ports. So then I just try to add the port again, and
    I receive an error indicating that the port is already there. At this
    point the port is not on the ports list, I cannot add the port to the
    list, and now I cannot make any change to the ports at all. I am
    completely stumped and Konica has given up on helping us. Is there
    any one who has dealt with this type of problem or has experienced
    some problem like mine? One last thing, I am using an NT4.0 server
    with Service pack 6a and all the hot fixes available.

  2. Re: LPR Printing and a Konica Copier

    Nathan Thompson wrote...

    >I am trying to set up a Konica 7155 to our NT 4.0 network. The
    >problem I am having is that Konica indicated that the type of port
    >that needs to be used with our machine is an LPR port. When I set up
    >the printer as an LPR port, I use the IP address and call the port
    >"PORT1". At this point the printer works great, no problems at all.
    >The very next day, after the server has rebooted, the port is gone
    >from the list of ports. So then I just try to add the port again, and
    >I receive an error indicating that the port is already there. At this
    >point the port is not on the ports list, I cannot add the port to the
    >list, and now I cannot make any change to the ports at all. I am
    >completely stumped and Konica has given up on helping us. Is there
    >any one who has dealt with this type of problem or has experienced
    >some problem like mine? One last thing, I am using an NT4.0 server
    >with Service pack 6a and all the hot fixes available.

    If you open the Device Manager, do you see PORT1 there?
    If yes, delete it and try again.

  3. Re: LPR Printing and a Konica Copier

    Also look in the registry
    HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monito rs\LPR Port\Ports

    Check through each one of the ports listed in the registry and verify that
    they match to those listed in the ports list. There is an issue with LPR
    Ports getting corrupt information in them and the spooler will stop reading
    the LPR Port list if it determines one is corrupt. I am not sure why they
    sometimes get corrupted.

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    "Nathan Thompson" wrote in message
    news:fdd8855c.0404060824.1ea8c3c4@posting.google.c om...
    > I am trying to set up a Konica 7155 to our NT 4.0 network. The
    > problem I am having is that Konica indicated that the type of port
    > that needs to be used with our machine is an LPR port. When I set up
    > the printer as an LPR port, I use the IP address and call the port
    > "PORT1". At this point the printer works great, no problems at all.
    > The very next day, after the server has rebooted, the port is gone
    > from the list of ports. So then I just try to add the port again, and
    > I receive an error indicating that the port is already there. At this
    > point the port is not on the ports list, I cannot add the port to the
    > list, and now I cannot make any change to the ports at all. I am
    > completely stumped and Konica has given up on helping us. Is there
    > any one who has dealt with this type of problem or has experienced
    > some problem like mine? One last thing, I am using an NT4.0 server
    > with Service pack 6a and all the hot fixes available.

+ Reply to Thread