Remove "autoupdate" from tray - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Remove "autoupdate" from tray - Windows NT ; I would like to remove "Stay Current With Automatic Updates" from my users trays. How can I do this? Do I also need to remove the service wuauserv ? Thanks in advance- Bill...

  1. Remove "autoupdate" from tray

    I would like to remove "Stay Current With Automatic Updates"
    from my users trays. How can I do this? Do I also need
    to remove the service wuauserv ?

    Thanks in advance-

    Bill

  2. Re: Remove "autoupdate" from tray

    William Hymen wrote:

    > I would like to remove "Stay Current With Automatic Updates"
    > from my users trays. How can I do this? Do I also need
    > to remove the service wuauserv ?

    Hi

    Removing the wuauserv service is maybe a bit strong, what if you later
    on want to start to use MS SUS (your own internal Automatic Windows
    Update server). I suggest you only disable the service.

    --
    torgeir
    Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page

+ Reply to Thread