Basic Home Network... - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Basic Home Network... - Windows NT ; What would I require to connect two computers in the home via a network? There is one computer (server) with XP Pro upstairs, and a workstation downstairs running 2000, approx 6 metres of cabling away. I have two network cards ...

  1. Basic Home Network...

    What would I require to connect two computers in the home via a network?

    There is one computer (server) with XP Pro upstairs, and a workstation
    downstairs running 2000,
    approx 6 metres of cabling away. I have two network cards in the server, one
    for the Internet connection, and one for networking. The workstation has a
    single network connection. Would I need a booster/hub in-between, or would a
    direct cable over a 6 metre connection with a crossover cable work okay?

    Thanks

    Strutter

  2. Re: Basic Home Network...

    Have had a bit of a recalculation, and 10metres would be nearer the target.

    Would a crossover cable work alright at this length?

    Thanks,

    Strutter

  3. Re: Basic Home Network...

    Have had a bit of a recalculation, and 10metres would be nearer the target.

    Would a crossover cable work alright at this length?

    Thanks,

    Strutter

+ Reply to Thread