Session timeouts? 2003 - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Session timeouts? 2003 - Windows NT ; Hi World, I have 2 servers, both Windows 2003. One is the terminal server and the other the file and print server. What I am noticing is that if a user disconnects from TS while he/she has open files the ...

  1. Session timeouts? 2003

    Hi World,

    I have 2 servers, both Windows 2003. One is the terminal server and the
    other the file and print server.

    What I am noticing is that if a user disconnects from TS while he/she has
    open files the open files don't close on the file server even though the TS
    session has disconnected.

    An example: looking at Shared Folders>Sessions there is a user with 2 file
    locks that have a session time of 5 days and an idle time of 4 days and 10
    hours.

    How can I get these sessions to disconnect automatically?

    Regards,
    Dean

  2. Re: Session timeouts? 2003

    On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 21:55:26 UTC, "Dean Harry"
    wrote:

    > What I am noticing is that if a user disconnects from TS while he/she has
    > open files the open files don't close on the file server even though the TS
    > session has disconnected.

    snipped

    > How can I get these sessions to disconnect automatically?

    Don't know exactly, however we have just discovered this feature
    of w2k ts & higher. There *is* a setting which will force
    disconnected sessions to shutdown after a set period. This has
    come in handy a couple of times when a w/s has crashed or been
    powered off unexpectedly. The user can reconnect to their session
    and find everything as they left it.

    Sorry for no exact answer, fortunately I don't admin our ts's :-)

    --
    Simon Wright
    diver 0 6 at gmx dot net

+ Reply to Thread