Need Help - Changning Login - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Need Help - Changning Login - Windows NT ; I have take over a networking environment where we still have a few NT Workstation machines. When they boot there is limited access. Users can only start one of two programs under Start -> Programs. I need to change my ...

  1. Need Help - Changning Login

    I have take over a networking environment where we still have a few NT
    Workstation machines. When they boot there is limited access. Users can
    only start one of two programs under Start -> Programs. I need to change my
    admin access to these machines at boot up but there is no login screen.
    They are connecting to Windows 2000 Servers. Is there a way for me to
    change the boot-up for NT so I can modify the system or will I have to
    reinstall the system?

    Thanks,

    Mark

  2. Re: Need Help - Changning Login

    "Mark Rosenbaum" wrote in message
    news:SfVRb.66515$lh3.33871@bignews5.bellsouth.net. ..
    > I have take over a networking environment where we still have a few NT
    > Workstation machines. When they boot there is limited access. Users can
    > only start one of two programs under Start -> Programs. I need to change

    my
    > admin access to these machines at boot up but there is no login screen.
    > They are connecting to Windows 2000 Servers. Is there a way for me to
    > change the boot-up for NT so I can modify the system or will I have to
    > reinstall the system?

    Assuming you have (domain) admin rights you can use Regedt32 to
    access the Registry remotely and change Autologon settings in
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

    - Sten

  3. Re: Need Help - Changning Login

    Mark

    It sounds like they have tweak installed and set to auto logon with the user
    account. If this is correct log off then holding the shift key down.

    Eric

+ Reply to Thread