read-only 'net use' commands - Windows NT

This is a discussion on read-only 'net use' commands - Windows NT ; I'm tasked with creating a web-page that lists user's files that haven't been accessed in the past 180 days. The specs call for two links for each file, one to allow the user to view the file without changing the ...

  1. read-only 'net use' commands

    I'm tasked with creating a web-page that lists user's files that
    haven't been accessed in the past 180 days. The specs call for two
    links for each file, one to allow the user to view the file without
    changing the last-accessed date and one to delete the file.

    My bright idea is to have the web-server access the user shares two
    ways, one r/o (for viewing), the other r/w (for deleting). Is there
    any way to do a 'net use' and force r/o access? Or should I share the
    drives with two different user/passwords and mount once for each? Or
    is there a better approach that I've completly missed?

    Thanks for the assistance!

  2. Re: read-only 'net use' commands

    Sam Denton wrote...

    >I'm tasked with creating a web-page that lists user's files that
    >haven't been accessed in the past 180 days. The specs call for two
    >links for each file, one to allow the user to view the file without
    >changing the last-accessed date and one to delete the file.
    >
    >My bright idea is to have the web-server access the user shares two
    >ways, one r/o (for viewing), the other r/w (for deleting). Is there
    >any way to do a 'net use' and force r/o access? Or should I share the
    >drives with two different user/passwords and mount once for each? Or
    >is there a better approach that I've completly missed?

    The majority of web pages allow users to read (view) files.

    One way to allow web read / write / delete is web-dav.
    Search for web-dav for more info.

+ Reply to Thread