Problem with scheduled tasks - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Problem with scheduled tasks - Windows NT ; I am trying to manually generate a file to run a batch file at a predefined time/date and on a specified computer. Using the "at" command does not seem to provide me with the capability, as it runs on the ...

  1. Problem with scheduled tasks

    I am trying to manually generate a file to run a batch file at a predefined
    time/date and on a specified computer.

    Using the "at" command does not seem to provide me with the capability, as
    it runs on the System account that does not have visibility of any remote
    computers used. In addition, I have IE 5 installed hence have the "Task
    scheduler" service instead of the "Schedule" service and therefore cannot
    modify the "at" command to run against a particular users account.

    Generating a *.job file using the Task scheduler wizard
    (MyComputer->Scheduled Task->Add Scheduled Task) works fine, but is not
    really what I need as it seems as though they can only be created through
    the wizard.

    Basically, if there is a suitable command to achieve this or a means of
    creating/editing *.job files for example, through an editor, then this would
    be great.

    Regards
    Lee

  2. Re: Problem with scheduled tasks

    Multiposted in comp.os.ms-windows.nt.misc -
    see http://www.aspfaq.com/5003

    "Lee" wrote in message
    > I am trying to manually generate a file to run a batch file at a

    predefined
    > time/date and on a specified computer.
    >
    > Using the "at" command does not seem to provide me with the capability, as
    > it runs on the System account that does not have visibility of any remote
    > computers used. In addition, I have IE 5 installed hence have the "Task
    > scheduler" service instead of the "Schedule" service and therefore cannot
    > modify the "at" command to run against a particular users account.
    >
    > Generating a *.job file using the Task scheduler wizard
    > (MyComputer->Scheduled Task->Add Scheduled Task) works fine, but is not
    > really what I need as it seems as though they can only be created through
    > the wizard.
    >
    > Basically, if there is a suitable command to achieve this or a means of
    > creating/editing *.job files for example, through an editor, then this

    would
    > be great.
    >
    > Regards
    > Lee