Hi-

I'd like to set the system volume and balance via a logon script.

Does anyone know of any way to set the system volume via the command
line?
Or know of any C, or java API's I could use to make a small program
that
would set the system balance and volume.

My problem is that our elementary school students adjust the the
volume
to max when they use the computer in the morning. When our adult
students logon their volume is so high that it hurts their ears. The
adults reset the volume with the sndvol32.exe gui. But having to
reset the volume on every login is troublesome. So I'd like to
adjust the system volume via logon script.

I'm running 10 Win XP Pro clients with a samba PDC. The clients use
ASUS TUSI-M motherboards with an onboard audio chip.

Cheers,

David