I have a network with 16 nodes running and a server/PDC

All the machines are working except 1.

This machine is set up identically to the others (as far as i can
NT4 w/s

I have installed the NIC (a Novell NE2000 : dip switches the same as
the working machines) and i am assigning IPs

When trying to add the machine to the domain I get the "A domain
controller could not be found for this domain"

I can ping the machine ( but i cannot ping any of the others
including the server. I have tried adding the server's ip address to
the end of the lmhosts file ( #dom: but to no avail.
We have checked all the dip switches and they are set up correctly as
well as trying other NICs which work in other computers .

Does anybody have any ideas?