how do i find the path to my workstation on NT network. - Windows NT

This is a discussion on how do i find the path to my workstation on NT network. - Windows NT ; HI, i can find my user name by using NT explorer "find" feature. but i would like to know the complete path to workstation. is there a menu command , like "about" that i can click on that will display ...

  1. how do i find the path to my workstation on NT network.

    HI, i can find my user name by using NT explorer "find" feature. but i
    would like to know the complete path to workstation. is there a menu
    command , like "about"
    that i can click on that will display the path info.

    Thanks to all...

    Randy

  2. Re: how do i find the path to my workstation on NT network.

    Create a link to a batch file that you write yourself. Into
    this batch file you place these lines:

    @echo off
    echo.
    echo Workstation Information
    echo =================
    echo.
    echo Username=%UserName%
    echo Computer Name=%ComputerName%
    echo Logon Server=%LogonServer%
    echo User Domain=%UserDomain%
    echo.
    pause
    "randy" wrote in message
    news:506a5f6b.0310290737.63203eb5@posting.google.c om...
    > HI, i can find my user name by using NT explorer "find" feature. but i
    > would like to know the complete path to workstation. is there a menu
    > command , like "about"
    > that i can click on that will display the path info.
    >
    > Thanks to all...
    >
    > Randy

  3. Re: how do i find the path to my workstation on NT network.

    Thank You.... i wolud like to do that but i have no idea how to write
    a batch file....sorry ... . I have no doubt that your file would
    work.. Also i thought about it last night... our system has a help
    desk icon on desktop ... where low and behold it list the NT IP
    configuration ... Host name:W08231za721.shs.sears.com
    .. I located it on the NT explorer and found shared folders... WOW i
    did it!!!
    NOTE: had to share the folder with my user name as well as those user
    names that have access to folders.

    Thanks Again... wish i could learn to create a batch file... it might
    be handy to automate the start-up .

    Randy M.

  4. Re: how do i find the path to my workstation on NT network.

    To create a batch file is about as trivial as blowing your
    nose:
    - Start / Run / notepad.exe c:\MyDetails.bat {OK}
    - Now paste the lines from my previous post into notepad
    - Save & close the notepad session
    - Create a shortcut on your desktop that calls up c:\MyDetails.bat
    - Give the baby a suitable name, e.g. "My PC Details"

    That's all!

    "randy" wrote in message
    news:506a5f6b.0310300622.6e2c7c4b@posting.google.c om...
    > Thank You.... i wolud like to do that but i have no idea how to write
    > a batch file....sorry ... . I have no doubt that your file would
    > work.. Also i thought about it last night... our system has a help
    > desk icon on desktop ... where low and behold it list the NT IP
    > configuration ... Host name:W08231za721.shs.sears.com
    > . I located it on the NT explorer and found shared folders... WOW i
    > did it!!!
    > NOTE: had to share the folder with my user name as well as those user
    > names that have access to folders.
    >
    > Thanks Again... wish i could learn to create a batch file... it might
    > be handy to automate the start-up .
    >
    > Randy M.

  5. Re: how do i find the path to my workstation on NT network.

    Thank you.

    "Pegasus \(MVP\)" wrote in message news:...
    > To create a batch file is about as trivial as blowing your
    > nose:
    > - Start / Run / notepad.exe c:\MyDetails.bat {OK}
    > - Now paste the lines from my previous post into notepad
    > - Save & close the notepad session
    > - Create a shortcut on your desktop that calls up c:\MyDetails.bat
    > - Give the baby a suitable name, e.g. "My PC Details"
    >
    > That's all!
    >

    > "randy" wrote in message
    > news:506a5f6b.0310300622.6e2c7c4b@posting.google.c om...
    > > Thank You.... i wolud like to do that but i have no idea how to write
    > > a batch file....sorry ... . I have no doubt that your file would
    > > work.. Also i thought about it last night... our system has a help
    > > desk icon on desktop ... where low and behold it list the NT IP
    > > configuration ... Host name:W08231za721.shs.sears.com
    > > . I located it on the NT explorer and found shared folders... WOW i
    > > did it!!!
    > > NOTE: had to share the folder with my user name as well as those user
    > > names that have access to folders.
    > >
    > > Thanks Again... wish i could learn to create a batch file... it might
    > > be handy to automate the start-up .
    > >
    > > Randy M.

+ Reply to Thread