help.... network error - Windows NT

This is a discussion on help.... network error - Windows NT ; Hi, I really need some help here. I know I did something terribly wrong. A half year ago I've installed some programs from one computer to another in a network environment. Then a couple of months ago my most important ...

  1. help.... network error

    Hi,

    I really need some help here. I know I did something terribly wrong. A half
    year ago I've installed some programs from one computer to another in a
    network environment. Then a couple of months ago my most important computer
    in the network crashed. I had to buy a new harddisk. No problems here.
    Recently I wanted to delete and upgrade some programs on my laptop and that
    was impossible. When I want to upgrade or delete the programs, it is looking
    for the instaldirectory in the network environment. That diretory doesn't
    exist anymore. I've tried to look it up in the registry but I couldn't find
    anything. What can I do exept from formatting the disk from my laptop? Im
    running XP pro

    Greetz

  2. Re: help.... network error

    If the install directory is a fixed path (e.g. s:\xxx) then you can
    fudge it: Insert your installation CD ROM, then run this command:

    subst s: d:\

    The installation process will now look at D:\, believing it is S:\.

    "Woonkamer" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I really need some help here. I know I did something terribly wrong. A

    half
    > year ago I've installed some programs from one computer to another in a
    > network environment. Then a couple of months ago my most important

    computer
    > in the network crashed. I had to buy a new harddisk. No problems here.
    > Recently I wanted to delete and upgrade some programs on my laptop and

    that
    > was impossible. When I want to upgrade or delete the programs, it is

    looking
    > for the instaldirectory in the network environment. That diretory doesn't
    > exist anymore. I've tried to look it up in the registry but I couldn't

    find
    > anything. What can I do exept from formatting the disk from my laptop? Im
    > running XP pro
    >
    > Greetz

+ Reply to Thread