Software Sharing - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Software Sharing - Windows NT ; Hi all. I have a home network. I want to put all my software on the server, and I want to allow each workstation to run the programs off the server. How can I do that?...

  1. Software Sharing

    Hi all.
    I have a home network. I want to put all my software on the server, and I
    want to allow each workstation to run the programs off the server.
    How can I do that?

  2. Re: Software Sharing

    > I have a home network. I want to put all my software on the server, and I
    > want to allow each workstation to run the programs off the server.
    > How can I do that?

    The question is not absolutely clear.
    But if you have in view of an opportunity to get remote access to a server
    from any location of a network, to see its screen and to influence it by the
    mouse and the keyboard, I can recommend to you the program for remote control
    of computers.
    You can work with programs on the remote computer from your own PC.
    You can download this software from http://www.anyplace-control.com

  3. Re: Software Sharing

    If its Win2k Server than use Windows 2000 Terminal Services

    "Yura" wrote in message
    > > I have a home network. I want to put all my software on the server, and

    > > want to allow each workstation to run the programs off the server.
    > > How can I do that?

    > The question is not absolutely clear.
    > But if you have in view of an opportunity to get remote access to a server
    > from any location of a network, to see its screen and to influence it by

    the
    > mouse and the keyboard, I can recommend to you the program for remote

    control
    > of computers.
    > You can work with programs on the remote computer from your own PC.
    > You can download this software from http://www.anyplace-control.com

  4. Re: Software Sharing

    Great Idea! First install the all the applicatons on the server and then
    copy the shortcuts to the executables onto each workstation. Example, if
    you want to run MS Word then you first install it on the server and then
    copy the Word shortcut to the workstation. The shortcut still points to the
    executable on the server so it will launch the application from the server.
    "
    For more help contact me at www.cahanconsulting.com

    Philly" wrote in message
    > Hi all.
    > I have a home network. I want to put all my software on the server, and I
    > want to allow each workstation to run the programs off the server.
    > How can I do that?

+ Reply to Thread