win2k network acces allways with authentication - Windows NT

This is a discussion on win2k network acces allways with authentication - Windows NT ; Hi to all if got the following problem: I have a win2k PC and a samba server (No DC) If I open a networkconnection to the samba I am asked for username and password but the next time I dont ...

  1. win2k network acces allways with authentication

    Hi to
    all if got the following problem:
    I have a win2k PC and a samba server (No DC)
    If I open a networkconnection to the samba I am asked for username and
    password but the next time I dont have to enter the password again
    I want that windows asks me allways for my sambapassword and not to save
    it anywhere
    how can I do this?
    Thanks
    Stefan

  2. Re: win2k network acces allways with authentication

    I would like to know this too, as I log in with different credentials on
    different shares. Currently I know only to restart.

    -John

    "Stefan Heuberger" wrote in message
    > Hi to
    > all if got the following problem:
    > I have a win2k PC and a samba server (No DC)
    > If I open a networkconnection to the samba I am asked for username and
    > password but the next time I dont have to enter the password again
    > I want that windows asks me allways for my sambapassword and not to save
    > it anywhere
    > how can I do this?
    > Thanks
    > Stefan

  3. Re: win2k network acces allways with authentication

    Admin rights will do this. Remove full access from the user login account
    and change to regular user access only.
    "Stefan Heuberger" wrote in message
    > Hi to
    > all if got the following problem:
    > I have a win2k PC and a samba server (No DC)
    > If I open a networkconnection to the samba I am asked for username and
    > password but the next time I dont have to enter the password again
    > I want that windows asks me allways for my sambapassword and not to save
    > it anywhere
    > how can I do this?
    > Thanks
    > Stefan