Proper format for net use authentication - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Proper format for net use authentication - Windows NT ; Hi. I need to know the proper command line format to map a network drive and offer username and password automatically. For example Bob with a password of 123 needs to map a network share, I imagine the format would ...

  1. Proper format for net use authentication

    Hi. I need to know the proper command line format to map a network
    drive and offer username and password automatically. For example Bob
    with a password of 123 needs to map a network share, I imagine the
    format would be something like:

    net use t: \\10.0.0.1\sharename /user:bob /password:123

    Any help appreciated!

    If anyone has a good link for "detailed" or step by step net use
    commands reference pass them on too! Thanks!

    Walt

  2. Re: Proper format for net use authentication

    waltb123@hotmail.com (Walt B) wrote in news:c60dac39.0310152040.25338650
    @posting.google.com:

    > Hi. I need to know the proper command line format to map a network
    > drive and offer username and password automatically. For example Bob
    > with a password of 123 needs to map a network share, I imagine the
    > format would be something like:
    >
    > net use t: \\10.0.0.1\sharename /user:bob /password:123
    >
    > Any help appreciated!
    >
    > If anyone has a good link for "detailed" or step by step net use
    > commands reference pass them on too! Thanks!

    Try
    net help use

    That's about as much help as there is anywhere

    A L B E R T A Alfred Falk falk@arc.ab.ca
    R E S E A R C H Information Systems Dept (780)450-5185
    C O U N C I L 250 Karl Clark Road
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    http://www.arc.ab.ca/ T6N 1E4
    http://www.arc.ab.ca/staff/falk/

  3. Re: Proper format for net use authentication

    Looks good to me, only remember you can only map one username to each
    sharename. you can do a net use /? for details.

    "Walt B" wrote in message
    news:c60dac39.0310152040.25338650@posting.google.c om...
    > Hi. I need to know the proper command line format to map a network
    > drive and offer username and password automatically. For example Bob
    > with a password of 123 needs to map a network share, I imagine the
    > format would be something like:
    >
    > net use t: \\10.0.0.1\sharename /user:bob /password:123
    >
    > Any help appreciated!
    >
    > If anyone has a good link for "detailed" or step by step net use
    > commands reference pass them on too! Thanks!
    >
    > Walt

+ Reply to Thread