primary domain controller crash - Windows NT

This is a discussion on primary domain controller crash - Windows NT ; Hi, I've got a windows NT 4.0 network. It contains 1 Primary Domain Controller (PDC) and 2 Backup Domain Controller (BDC). If PDC fails due to hardware, how can I promot one the BDC to PDC. I tried promoting a ...

  1. primary domain controller crash

    Hi,

    I've got a windows NT 4.0 network. It contains 1 Primary Domain Controller (PDC)
    and 2 Backup Domain Controller (BDC). If PDC fails due to hardware,
    how can I promot one the BDC to PDC. I tried promoting a BDC to PDC
    but it wanted PDC online which PDC is offline due to hardware failure.

    thanks
    Shane

  2. Re: primary domain controller crash

    First you need to demote the PDC then promote the BDC to PDC.
    "Shane S." wrote in message
    news:1fb7d6e7.0310101148.126840dd@posting.google.c om...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've got a windows NT 4.0 network. It contains 1 Primary Domain Controller

    (PDC)
    > and 2 Backup Domain Controller (BDC). If PDC fails due to hardware,
    > how can I promot one the BDC to PDC. I tried promoting a BDC to PDC
    > but it wanted PDC online which PDC is offline due to hardware failure.
    >
    > thanks
    > Shane

+ Reply to Thread