NT Domains - Windows NT

This is a discussion on NT Domains - Windows NT ; All, I have two domains, montrose(Site A 192.168.1.x) and alba(Site B 192.168.2.x) that do not have a trust relationship. Montrose is a W2KAD Domain controller and Alba is an NT4 Domain controller. Each domain has a mix of XP/2000/NT machines ...

  1. NT Domains

    All,

    I have two domains, montrose(Site A 192.168.1.x) and alba(Site B
    192.168.2.x) that do not have a trust relationship. Montrose is a
    W2KAD Domain controller and Alba is an NT4 Domain controller. Each
    domain has a mix of XP/2000/NT machines in the domain. I want to place
    two clients from each domain into the other Site but still have them
    authenticate to the original domain. (Disjoint administrative and
    Broadcast domains?) Is this possible? If so, is there anything special
    that I will have to do? And can someone tell me what "Disjoint
    administrative and Broadcast domains" really means? If this is
    possible, when a broadcast packet is sent out in Site A's address
    space, will it ever make it to the two machine's that sit in Site B
    but belong to Montrose?

    Thanks in advance.

    Bob B. English

  2. Re: NT Domains

    You need to creat trust relationships between the two domain controllers so
    that the domain controller you want the workstations to have access to is
    the trusted and the other is the trustee. Once this is setup correctly you
    will then have access to the trusted domain without giving the workstation
    rights to the trustee domain, thus disjointing it from the other doimain
    controller.

    "Brandon" wrote in message
    news:dcc31466.0310100746.2e4ca066@posting.google.c om...
    > All,
    >
    > I have two domains, montrose(Site A 192.168.1.x) and alba(Site B
    > 192.168.2.x) that do not have a trust relationship. Montrose is a
    > W2KAD Domain controller and Alba is an NT4 Domain controller. Each
    > domain has a mix of XP/2000/NT machines in the domain. I want to place
    > two clients from each domain into the other Site but still have them
    > authenticate to the original domain. (Disjoint administrative and
    > Broadcast domains?) Is this possible? If so, is there anything special
    > that I will have to do? And can someone tell me what "Disjoint
    > administrative and Broadcast domains" really means? If this is
    > possible, when a broadcast packet is sent out in Site A's address
    > space, will it ever make it to the two machine's that sit in Site B
    > but belong to Montrose?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Bob B. English

+ Reply to Thread