Which version of Exchange Server is the little shibby? Same Admin Tool? - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Which version of Exchange Server is the little shibby? Same Admin Tool? - Windows NT ; Hi, I was getting "Could not connect to the Microsoft Exchange Server" when trying to open the Exchange Admin tool. And then someone asked, which version are you running? Because the admin tool pointers often get left behind when Exchange ...

  1. Which version of Exchange Server is the little shibby? Same Admin Tool?

    Hi,

    I was getting "Could not connect to the Microsoft Exchange Server" when
    trying to open the Exchange Admin tool.

    And then someone asked, which version are you running? Because the admin
    tool pointers often get left behind when Exchange 2000 is installed.

    And I have only used 5.5...and didn't know how to start the Admin tool
    for Exchange 2000.

    Is the Admin tool the same, started the same way? How can I tell which
    version of Exchange server is running?

    Love,

    Me

  2. Re: Which version of Exchange Server is the little shibby? Same Admin Tool?

    No, the Exchange 2000 uses SNAP-INS that run through active directory, you
    use active directory users and groups to administer accounts now. Exchange
    5.5 admin executeable is totally useless in exchange 2000.

    wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I was getting "Could not connect to the Microsoft Exchange Server" when
    > trying to open the Exchange Admin tool.
    >
    > And then someone asked, which version are you running? Because the admin
    > tool pointers often get left behind when Exchange 2000 is installed.
    >
    > And I have only used 5.5...and didn't know how to start the Admin tool
    > for Exchange 2000.
    >
    > Is the Admin tool the same, started the same way? How can I tell which
    > version of Exchange server is running?
    >

    > Love,
    >
    > Me

+ Reply to Thread