different LANs need different settings? - Windows NT

This is a discussion on different LANs need different settings? - Windows NT ; i've got a client who wants to run his laptop on 3 different sites. Do you have any sort of idea what sort of difference there could be between the sites that would require configuration. I'm thinking i'll write a ...

  1. different LANs need different settings?

    i've got a client who wants to run his laptop on 3 different sites.
    Do you have any sort of idea what sort of difference there could be between
    the sites that would require configuration.

    I'm thinking i'll write a batch that will configure printers for each
    location but the problem is how will the batch be able to tell which
    location he's at? and what else will need to be configured?

    thxn in advance

    --
    Ole

  2. Re: different LANs need different settings?

    We cannot really tell you what differences you have between
    your networks - you will have to find out for yourself!

    The link below points to a tool that lets you switch betwen
    different locations. It's almost free - give it a try!

    http://www.netswitcher.com/

    "Ole" wrote in message
    news:3f85aef1$0$8766$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com. ..
    > i've got a client who wants to run his laptop on 3 different sites.
    > Do you have any sort of idea what sort of difference there could be

    between
    > the sites that would require configuration.
    >
    > I'm thinking i'll write a batch that will configure printers for each
    > location but the problem is how will the batch be able to tell which
    > location he's at? and what else will need to be configured?
    >
    > thxn in advance
    >
    > --
    > Ole

  3. Re: different LANs need different settings?

    Geat little program, been using it for years.

    "Pegasus \(MVP\)" wrote:

    >We cannot really tell you what differences you have between
    >your networks - you will have to find out for yourself!
    >
    >The link below points to a tool that lets you switch betwen
    >different locations. It's almost free - give it a try!
    >
    >http://www.netswitcher.com/
    >

    >"Ole" wrote in message
    >news:3f85aef1$0$8766$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com. ..
    >> i've got a client who wants to run his laptop on 3 different sites.
    >> Do you have any sort of idea what sort of difference there could be

    >between
    >> the sites that would require configuration.
    >>
    >> I'm thinking i'll write a batch that will configure printers for each
    >> location but the problem is how will the batch be able to tell which
    >> location he's at? and what else will need to be configured?
    >>
    >> thxn in advance
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ole

  4. Re: different LANs need different settings?

    thank you, this will be most useful

    --
    Ole
    "gene martinez" wrote in message
    > Geat little program, been using it for years.
    >
    > "Pegasus \(MVP\)" wrote:
    >
    > >We cannot really tell you what differences you have between
    > >your networks - you will have to find out for yourself!
    > >
    > >The link below points to a tool that lets you switch betwen
    > >different locations. It's almost free - give it a try!
    > >
    > >http://www.netswitcher.com/
    > >

    > >"Ole" wrote in message
    > >news:3f85aef1$0$8766$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com. ..
    > >> i've got a client who wants to run his laptop on 3 different sites.
    > >> Do you have any sort of idea what sort of difference there could be

    > >between
    > >> the sites that would require configuration.
    > >>
    > >> I'm thinking i'll write a batch that will configure printers for each
    > >> location but the problem is how will the batch be able to tell which
    > >> location he's at? and what else will need to be configured?
    > >>
    > >> thxn in advance
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Ole

  5. Re: different LANs need different settings?

    If you want to be truly mobile and connect your laptop and have your
    workplace in order at each network I strongly recommend MultiNetwork
    Manager from globesoft.com
    worth every penny

    /Randy

    "Ole" wrote in message news:<3f86524c$0$6631$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com>...
    > thank you, this will be most useful
    >
    > --
    > Ole
    > "gene martinez" wrote in message
    > > Geat little program, been using it for years.
    > >
    > > "Pegasus \(MVP\)" wrote:
    > >
    > > >We cannot really tell you what differences you have between
    > > >your networks - you will have to find out for yourself!
    > > >
    > > >The link below points to a tool that lets you switch betwen
    > > >different locations. It's almost free - give it a try!
    > > >
    > > >http://www.netswitcher.com/
    > > >

    > > >"Ole" wrote in message
    > > >news:3f85aef1$0$8766$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com. ..

    > between

  6. Re: different LANs need different settings?

    Your still living in the DOS Days, you need to setup different user profiles
    and forget the batch file stuff.

    "Ole" wrote in message
    news:3f85aef1$0$8766$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com. ..
    > i've got a client who wants to run his laptop on 3 different sites.
    > Do you have any sort of idea what sort of difference there could be

    between
    > the sites that would require configuration.
    >
    > I'm thinking i'll write a batch that will configure printers for each
    > location but the problem is how will the batch be able to tell which
    > location he's at? and what else will need to be configured?
    >
    > thxn in advance
    >
    > --
    > Ole

+ Reply to Thread