Linksys Router - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Linksys Router - Windows NT ; I went into Best Buy to purchase a Linksys Router BEFSR41 and they had some ver. 2 and ver. 3's. The only difference I could see was that ver. 3 said CISCO on it and had fewer lights. Upon further ...

  1. Linksys Router

    I went into Best Buy to purchase a Linksys Router BEFSR41 and they had some
    ver. 2 and ver. 3's. The only difference I could see was that ver. 3 said
    CISCO on it and had fewer lights. Upon further comparison, the Ver. 3 does
    not have the uplink port. Can anyone recommend which of the two versions
    would be the best. Does it matter?

    Thanks

    --

  2. Re: Linksys Router

    get the one with the uplink port, dam companies always trying to find a way
    to make a few more bucks by shaving some options off their products. I
    would go with a D-Link router actually, much better quality.

    "Alex" wrote in message
    > I went into Best Buy to purchase a Linksys Router BEFSR41 and they had

    some
    > ver. 2 and ver. 3's. The only difference I could see was that ver. 3 said
    > CISCO on it and had fewer lights. Upon further comparison, the Ver. 3 does
    > not have the uplink port. Can anyone recommend which of the two versions
    > would be the best. Does it matter?
    >
    > Thanks
    >

    > --

  3. Re: Linksys Router

    "Alex" wrote in message
    > I went into Best Buy to purchase a Linksys Router BEFSR41 and they had

    some
    > ver. 2 and ver. 3's. The only difference I could see was that ver. 3 said
    > CISCO on it and had fewer lights. Upon further comparison, the Ver. 3 does
    > not have the uplink port. Can anyone recommend which of the two versions
    > would be the best. Does it matter?

    There are changes in the chipset used and the firmware that can be
    installed. Go for the V3.
    The Port 1 & uplink port were one and the same, I believe that port 1 was
    wired straight through and Uplink was Xed. If you used the uplink the P1 was
    not available, with the use of auto-sensing ports having a separate port
    isn't that essential anymore.

+ Reply to Thread