I'm running a network of NT 4 machines. A few days ago I started to
notice workstations registering themselves in WINS with a
[00h]-record, too.
Does anyone have an idea where to look for the reason for this
mis-behaviour?

Some facts:
*) 6 class-B subnets
*) one WINS server per subnet, one of these is the central one
(classical hub-and-spoke-architecture) doing push-pull-replications
with the others
*) a short time ago we started to replicate with the rest of the
enterprise and the database's size increased from ~2MB to ~15MB
holding ~60 thousand records now
*) enterprise-replication is being done via a Win2k server for
performance reasons

Regards,
Frank Domnick
Frank Domnick Technip Germany
GmbH
Network & Telecom Admin Tel.:+49 (211) 659-2761 Theodorstrasse 90
TPGY SI-I Fax :+49 (211) 659-2769 D-40472 Duesseldorf