Poledit and netlogon, can i get logon to get icons from controller that authenticates them? - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Poledit and netlogon, can i get logon to get icons from controller that authenticates them? - Windows NT ; I have around 200 win 95/98 clients that have policies that tell them to go and get their icons from \\pdc\netlogon\userconfig\start... etc.. I have 1 pdc and 3 bdc, which all share authentication, but say bdc2 does the authentication the ...

  1. Poledit and netlogon, can i get logon to get icons from controller that authenticates them?

    I have around 200 win 95/98 clients that have policies that tell them
    to go
    and get their icons from \\pdc\netlogon\userconfig\start... etc..

    I have 1 pdc and 3 bdc, which all share authentication, but say bdc2
    does the authentication the config.pol file tells it to go off and get
    icons from the pdc. Is there a variable i could put into poledit that
    says go get icons from the machine that has authenticated you??

    Thanks for any help in advance.

  2. Re: Poledit and netlogon, can i get logon to get icons from controller that authenticates them?

    I'm not use about the 9x issue, but in NT4/5 you can use the Var
    %logonserver%
    john wrote in message
    news:f47c649f.0309300034.3b816c5e@posting.google.c om...
    > I have around 200 win 95/98 clients that have policies that tell them
    > to go
    > and get their icons from \\pdc\netlogon\userconfig\start... etc..
    >
    > I have 1 pdc and 3 bdc, which all share authentication, but say bdc2
    > does the authentication the config.pol file tells it to go off and get
    > icons from the pdc. Is there a variable i could put into poledit that
    > says go get icons from the machine that has authenticated you??
    >
    > Thanks for any help in advance.

+ Reply to Thread