Win2K Server SP4 question - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Win2K Server SP4 question - Windows NT ; Any feedback on SP4? I have a very short window of scheduled downtime coming up, and wanted to install SP4 if there isn't any negative feedback. Please let me know if you had any problems with it, OK? Thanks! -- ...

  1. Win2K Server SP4 question

    Any feedback on SP4? I have a very short window of scheduled downtime
    coming up, and wanted to install SP4 if there isn't any negative feedback.
    Please let me know if you had any problems with it, OK? Thanks!
    -- Erich

  2. Re: Win2K Server SP4 question

    [This followup was posted to comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.networking and a
    copy was sent to the cited author.]

    In article ,
    eknobil@no.spam.megsinet.net says...
    > Any feedback on SP4? I have a very short window of scheduled downtime
    > coming up, and wanted to install SP4 if there isn't any negative feedback.
    > Please let me know if you had any problems with it, OK? Thanks!

    Haven't read or seen much about it. Must not be any major problems. I
    have it on a server and many workstations at work, with no real issues.
    The only 'problem' is that PC Magazine's Button Boogie utility no longer
    works (causes explorer.exe to crash.)

    law!!
    http://home.att.net/~andyross

  3. Re: Win2K Server SP4 question

    SP4 resolves important issues. Not too problematic, if on a server
    then stop IIS and WWW publishing services before install.

+ Reply to Thread