Went through much the same thing myself .. plus the
2 year, 4 year, and finally a Masters degree. I worked
all that time in Industry, Education, and even a bunch
of crooked little computer shops. Learned a lot, but
it never stops coming, and there's always that crew
who pretty much knows nothing, but talks the jargon
bigtime. And those are the goons you are interviewing
with !!! I'm sure that by now you've figured out that
this job market has more to do with title than it does
with knowledge. If you want a decent job at good
pay with benefits, you are mandated to get your
BS in Computer Science ... and I recommend
specializing in IT. Generally, during that time, you
will be picked up on campus by one of the departments,
or ITS, so you'll work your way in to a position
with them. By the way, do you have a clue as to
how to increase the size of the "allow" list when
setting up a dummy proxy in IE ? I've been busting
my fanny trying to block all this porn to my CAD
labs, and this works, but is limited in list size.

johns