Mapping a network path to a mount point - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Mapping a network path to a mount point - Windows NT ; Hi, I am wondering if it is possible to mount a UNC network path to a folder or path within another drive. i.e. Mount \\server\share as c:\files and then access the remote share via the c: drive (or other drive) ...

  1. Mapping a network path to a mount point

    Hi,

    I am wondering if it is possible to mount a UNC network path to a
    folder or path within another drive.

    i.e. Mount \\server\share as c:\files and then access the remote share
    via the c: drive (or other drive)

    Cheers,

    Dave

  2. Re: Mapping a network path to a mount point

    "lockdown" wrote in message
    news:257c3313.0309120140.6e30a3b7@posting.google.c om...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am wondering if it is possible to mount a UNC network path to a
    > folder or path within another drive.
    >
    > i.e. Mount \\server\share as c:\files and then access the remote share
    > via the c: drive (or other drive)
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Dave

    Don't know if it would work, but you could try using subst.

+ Reply to Thread