setting up a host file - Windows NT

This is a discussion on setting up a host file - Windows NT ; Hi all, my boss wants me to get information on how to use a host file instead of a DNS server... What I want to know is where is the hostfile is supposed to go. I know in Linux it's ...

  1. setting up a host file

    Hi all,
    my boss wants me to get information on how to use a host file instead
    of a DNS server... What I want to know is where is the hostfile is
    supposed to go. I know in Linux it's /etc/hosts but I have no idea
    about NT 4. And what kind of information can put in it (ip address,
    network name....)
    thanx for any kind of information you can give me!

    Sam.

  2. Re: setting up a host file

    host and lmhost files are both located in the following folder:

    winnt\system32\drivers\etc

+ Reply to Thread