Member server not communication with Windows NT 4.0 Domain Controller - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Member server not communication with Windows NT 4.0 Domain Controller - Windows NT ; Hello, I was just wondering if some one has encountered the following problem in Windows NT 4.0. The PDC is seeing the member server and able to ping the member server. But I am not able to ping the primary ...

  1. Member server not communication with Windows NT 4.0 Domain Controller

    Hello,
    I was just wondering if some one has encountered the following problem
    in Windows NT 4.0.

    The PDC is seeing the member server and able to ping the member
    server. But I am not able to ping the primary server from the member
    server.

    It was all working fine and all of a sudden this seems to be
    happening. I am able to ping the outside addresses such as
    www.yahoo.com from the member server. I checked the IP address gateway
    etc. Everything seems to be fine.

    Any help on this would be great.

  2. Re: Member server not communication with Windows NT 4.0 Domain Controller

    [This followup was posted to comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.networking and a
    copy was sent to the cited author.]

    In article <7b5e4ab8.0309070505.243f6e13@posting.google.com>,
    karthik@votenet.com says...
    > Hello,
    > I was just wondering if some one has encountered the following problem
    > in Windows NT 4.0.
    >
    > The PDC is seeing the member server and able to ping the member
    > server. But I am not able to ping the primary server from the member
    > server.
    >
    > It was all working fine and all of a sudden this seems to be
    > happening. I am able to ping the outside addresses such as
    > www.yahoo.com from the member server. I checked the IP address gateway
    > etc. Everything seems to be fine.

    Are you pinging by IP address or name? If pinging by name, is the
    address shown correct?

    law!!
    http://home.att.net/~andyross

  3. Re: Member server not communication with Windows NT 4.0 Domain Controller

    I tried both but it did not work. When I try the name, it resolves to
    the correct IP address.

    Regards,
    Karthik
    Andrew Rossmann wrote in message news:...
    > [This followup was posted to comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.networking and a
    > copy was sent to the cited author.]
    >
    > In article <7b5e4ab8.0309070505.243f6e13@posting.google.com>,
    > karthik@votenet.com says...
    > > Hello,
    > > I was just wondering if some one has encountered the following problem
    > > in Windows NT 4.0.
    > >
    > > The PDC is seeing the member server and able to ping the member
    > > server. But I am not able to ping the primary server from the member
    > > server.
    > >
    > > It was all working fine and all of a sudden this seems to be
    > > happening. I am able to ping the outside addresses such as
    > > www.yahoo.com from the member server. I checked the IP address gateway
    > > etc. Everything seems to be fine.

    > Are you pinging by IP address or name? If pinging by name, is the
    > address shown correct?

+ Reply to Thread