Search files on LAN - need fast solution - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Search files on LAN - need fast solution - Windows NT ; Hi! I'm searching software for finding files in local network and find LAN Search, File Search for LAN and Cool Find. But all three programs is not really cool, because search is performed for very long time. Is anyone can ...

  1. Search files on LAN - need fast solution

    Hi!

    I'm searching software for finding files in local network and find LAN
    Search, File Search for LAN and Cool Find. But all three programs is not
    really cool, because search is performed for very long time. Is anyone can
    suggest more fast program or solution for fast file searching in local area
    network? Thank you for any suggestions.

    Sorry for bad English.

    Best regards, Sergey Klomov.

  2. Re: Search files on LAN - need fast solution

    "Sergey Klomov" wrote in message
    > Hi!
    >
    > I'm searching software for finding files in local network and find LAN
    > Search, File Search for LAN and Cool Find. But all three programs is not
    > really cool, because search is performed for very long time. Is anyone can
    > suggest more fast program or solution for fast file searching in local

    area
    > network? Thank you for any suggestions.
    >
    > Sorry for bad English.
    >
    > Best regards, Sergey Klomov.

    What you want is not a File Search program, but a file index. This way when
    searching for a file only the index is searched, not the entire network/file
    sysem.

    FR
    --
    As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in
    a godless, uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got

  3. Re: Search files on LAN - need fast solution

    You may try NetworkSearcher.
    Download from www.bgsoft.net

    "Sergey Klomov" wrote in message
    > Hi!
    >
    > I'm searching software for finding files in local network and find LAN
    > Search, File Search for LAN and Cool Find. But all three programs is not
    > really cool, because search is performed for very long time. Is anyone can
    > suggest more fast program or solution for fast file searching in local

    area
    > network? Thank you for any suggestions.
    >
    > Sorry for bad English.
    >
    > Best regards, Sergey Klomov.