WIN2K3 DNS SERVER HELP PLS - Windows NT

This is a discussion on WIN2K3 DNS SERVER HELP PLS - Windows NT ; Hi guys n gals.. just need some help with a little DNS confusion. I have just registered my own domain name. I connect to the internet through cable connection with a static ip which hardly changes though. My main problem ...

  1. WIN2K3 DNS SERVER HELP PLS

    Hi guys n gals.. just need some help with a little DNS confusion. I have
    just registered my own domain name. I connect to the internet through cable
    connection with a static ip which hardly changes though. My main problem is
    that in the options to manage my domain on my registrar site i have the
    option to name 2 NAME SERVERS. What i am trying to practice is running my
    own PERSONAL webserver and dns (name server). I have a linksys router and
    dns and www requests to be forwarded to the server on my network.
    WIN-2003-SERVER.rvlab.net is one of my servers on my network. This is the
    name that i tried to register my name server to my registrar. Is this the
    right way for me to go about things or am i missing something. IF this is
    the right way then i assume all the incoming requests for dns and www
    queries coming to my IP address or name server should be forwarded to the
    right server in my home network?? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

  2. Re: WIN2K3 DNS SERVER HELP PLS

    On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 03:38:59 GMT, "Girish Verma"
    wrote:

    >Hi guys n gals.. just need some help with a little DNS confusion. I have
    >just registered my own domain name. I connect to the internet through cable
    >connection with a static ip which hardly changes though. My main problem is
    >that in the options to manage my domain on my registrar site i have the
    >option to name 2 NAME SERVERS. What i am trying to practice is running my
    >own PERSONAL webserver and dns (name server). I have a linksys router and
    >dns and www requests to be forwarded to the server on my network.
    >WIN-2003-SERVER.rvlab.net is one of my servers on my network. This is the
    >name that i tried to register my name server to my registrar. Is this the
    >right way for me to go about things or am i missing something. IF this is
    >the right way then i assume all the incoming requests for dns and www
    >queries coming to my IP address or name server should be forwarded to the
    >right server in my home network?? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

    You normally specify the IP of the name server, Chicken before the
    egg problem.

+ Reply to Thread