suggestions wanted NT4SP6 with bad PCMCIA - Windows NT

This is a discussion on suggestions wanted NT4SP6 with bad PCMCIA - Windows NT ; I have an old Toshiba laptop running NT4/SP6 with bad PCMCIA slots. It had a USB port; probably v1 There are files I need off this Toshiba; but it won't network. Can I set up a peer-to-peer to my XP ...

  1. suggestions wanted NT4SP6 with bad PCMCIA

    I have an old Toshiba laptop running NT4/SP6 with bad PCMCIA slots.
    It had a USB port; probably v1

    There are files I need off this Toshiba; but it won't network.

    Can I set up a peer-to-peer to my XP Pro desktop using the USB?

    Thanks in advance.
    Joe K

  2. Re: suggestions wanted NT4SP6 with bad PCMCIA

    You can pull out the disk, buy a cheap adapter and run it
    as a slave disk on some desktop.

    By the way, what's happened to the noble art of backing
    up important files? Next time your disk might crash and
    you'll lose the lot!

    "J. Kearney" wrote in message
    > I have an old Toshiba laptop running NT4/SP6 with bad PCMCIA slots.
    > It had a USB port; probably v1
    >
    > There are files I need off this Toshiba; but it won't network.
    >
    > Can I set up a peer-to-peer to my XP Pro desktop using the USB?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    > Joe K

+ Reply to Thread